Los Angeles Guns Charge Attorney – Get The Right Best Firearms Crimes Defense Law Firm On Your Side For Your Firearms Possession Charges
- 1. Los Angeles Guns Charge Attorney – Get The Right Best Firearms Crimes Defense Law Firm On Your Side For Your Firearms Possession Charges
- 2. Who Is Not Allowed To Own/Acquire/Possess a Gun/Firearms in California?
- 3. Firearm Permits in California
- 4. Penalties For Illegal Weapon Possession
- 4.1. Get Connected To Speak With Some Of The Best Los Angeles Firearms Charge Lawyers
Legal ownership and possession of guns is permitted in California, subject to the state’s laws and restrictions. There is a constitutional right to bear arms. A weapon is an object/instrument that is inherently dangerous/deadly or something that’s used in such a way as to cause bodily harm. Apart from knives and other assault weapons, certain generally prohibited weapons include nunchakus, brass knuckles, short-barreled guns, darts, air-gauge knife, belt-buckle knife, bullet containing explosives, cane-guns, camouflage gun-container, sword/dagger, folding knives, switch-blades, leaded cane/sandbag, lipstick knife, grenades, native or traditional weapons, etc. Replicas of any of these weapons if used in a crime can invite prosecution. Stealing firearms is dealt with under Grand Theft Firearm Laws.
Who Is Not Allowed To Own/Acquire/Possess a Gun/Firearms in California?
- Convicted felons
- Narcotic addicts
- Persons convicted of certain misdemeanors
- Persons suffering from mental illness
- Persons under the age of 18
- Persons with two or more convictions for brandishing weapons
- Persons dishonorably discharged from the armed forces
- Illegal aliens
- Persons who have renounced American citizenship
- Persons under court orders for stalking
Apart from these, those disallowed from owning guns are not allowed to own/acquire/possess ammunition. There are different laws for carrying a concealed weapon, carrying firearms, using weapon/firearm, brandishing a firearm/weapon, felony with a firearm etc.
Firearm Permits in California
Firearm permits in california are issued under PC 26150 and permission to carry a concealed weapon is issued under PC 26155. These are issued by the local sheriff/chief of police and must show that the person is of good moral character, good cause exists for issuing the license, the person resides in the location specified and has undergone specific firearms training. Licensed selling firearms/weapons in California is governed by PC 26700 and other codes which describe the legal dealing in weapons/firearms.
Penalties For Illegal Weapon Possession
Penalties for violating the laws are severe. They depend on the facts and circumstances of the case and the defendant’s previous criminal record. The three strikes law applies here too. The charges filed could range from first-time offense infarction to more severe charges like misdemeanors and felony. Fines, probation and imprisonment may result. Additionally, the gun/weapon license may be revoked or suspended. Immigrants (legal/illegal) could face deportation.
Get Connected To Speak With Some Of The Best Los Angeles Firearms Charge Lawyers
If charged with possession/manufacture/sale/use of a firearm/weapon you require expert advice from a criminal defense lawyer/legal firm to ensure that your rights are protected and you receive a favorable result.